Colleen lives in Los Angeles, California, where she writes picture book manuscripts, both fiction and nonfiction. She hosts the monthly Picture Book Publisher Book Club and its companion blog, Picture Book Publishers 101. In addition to enjoying writing, she has been a bellydancer, preschool teacher, bookseller, tour guide, nanny, janitor, and several furry Disney characters. She loves to travel almost as much as she loves writing picture books and if you ask her to dance, she will always say yes (because she also loves to dance).
Awards & Recognition
- 2018 Runner-Up, SCBWI-Los Angeles Writer's Day Contest–Nonfiction, THE GREAT STINK: HOW JOSEPH BAZALGETTE SOLVED LONDON'S POOP PROBLEM
- 2017 Writing with the Stars Mentorship
- 2016 Featured on SCBWI's Community Corner
- 2016 First Place Winner, SCBWI-Los Angeles Writer's Day Contest–Nonfiction, ART ON WHEELS: PAKISTAN'S DECORATED TRUCKS
- 2014 First Place Winner, SCBWI-Los Angeles Writer's Day Contest–Picture Book, KIKO HELD TIGHT
Colleen is represented by Clelia Gore at Martin Literary Management.